We at Restaurant Pro Online are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy as a visitor to http://www.restaurantproonline.com/. The matter of our customer's privacy is very serious to us and we value our customer's trust each time they choose to access our Web site. This Privacy Statement is an overview of the policies and activities we have in place on our site to safeguard the information that is gathered from our customers by our Web site when it is used.
Collection of Information
Even if a visitor does nothing but browse through our site, our system automatically collects and stores certain pieces of information regarding the visit. This action makes no attempt to identify the visitor personally and is used as an attempt to improve functionality of the site and for data collection purposes.
Our Web server automatically collects and records the following information:
- The visitor's domain name
- The visitor's e-mail address when possible
- The visitor's IP address
- Information regarding what pages are accessed
- The name and release number of the visitor's web browser software
- The operating system of the visitor
- Date and time the site was accessed
- The web address of the site that linked to us
During your visit to our site you may be asked to volunteer personal information such as your name, email, mailing address, and telephone number.
Usage of Information
The information we gather automatically and with your permission during your visit to our Web site is used in the following ways:
- Monitor, review, measure, and analyze Web site utilization
- Modify and enhance the Web site
- Improve the content and design of our Web site
- Determine the need for new programs and services
- Respond to your requests
- Customize the content and/or layout of our page for each individual visitor
- Monitor and improve our customer service efforts
- Study general usage habits and demographic information for our own marketing research purposes
- Distribute news and other information requested by Web visitors
- Notify visitors about updates to our Web site
- Determine the effectiveness of special promotion and marketing programs
- Contact consumers for marketing purposes
Notwithstanding anything in this agreement to the contrary, you understand and agree that Restaurant Pro Online may access, preserve and disclose any submitted information or otherwise use information we have received about you: (1) in response to subpoenas, court orders, legal process or when otherwise required by law, or to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or defend any legal claims; (2) to protect the rights and property of Restaurant Pro Online or other entity; (3) if we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding unauthorized distribution of a third party's intellectual property, illegal activities, fraud or situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person; (4) to any of our related companies or companies under common control with Restaurant Pro Online; and (5) if Restaurant Pro Online is acquired by or merged with another entity. We may also use information we have received about you to resolve disputes or to investigate problems. We may disclose or access information whenever we believe in good faith that the law so requires or if we consider it necessary to do so to maintain service and improve our website, products and services. Specifically, we may use information such as your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, to manage the Restaurant Pro Online website or to enhance the Restaurant Pro Online website based on the usage pattern data we receive.
Sharing of Information
Any information that can personally identify a visitor to this site is not shared with any organization for any purpose.
Many Web sites use "cookies" to provide useful features to their visitors by providing customizable and personalized services.
Your browser software can be set to reject all cookies, or to ask you if you would like to accept or decline a cookie from a particular site before it is set. Most browsers offer instructions on how to reset the browser to reject cookies in the Help section. You should know, however, that if you reject a cookie, certain functions and conveniences of a site may not work properly.
- Store and sometimes track visitor preferences
- Store personal identifying information
- Record session information, such as items that consumers add to their shopping cart.
- Record user-specific information on what pages users access or visit
- Alert visitors to new areas that we think might be of interest to them when they return to our site
- To record past activity at a site in order to provide better service when visitors return to our site
- Customize web page content on visitors browser type or other information that the visitor sends
Registration and Accessing Certain Features
Some Web sites require you to provide some personal information through a registration process in order to take advantage of certain Web site features and to access content areas. For example, a registration form might request your name, telephone number and e-mail address.
Access to some of the features on this Web site requires registration,and the disclosure of some personal information, which may include:
- Billing and shipping information
Our site does not feature information and services of interest to children or anyone under the age of 18.
Interactive Services and Tools
Interactive services tools and other technology-based features provide Web site users with a richer and more valuable experience. The tools can provide you with information that is customized according to your personal needs.
This site does not use interactive tools that ask you for identifying personal information.
Security of Communications
We recognize that many people are concerned about the privacy and protection of information as it is transmitted over the Internet. You should keep in mind that the possibility exists for unauthorized individuals to intercept any email message you send over the Internet. In some cases, information can be encrypted (scrambled or encoded) to make it very difficult to read if it is intercepted during communication. Certain technology and practices allow Web sites to provide an increased level of security for your personal information when appropriate.
We use the following practices on our Web site to enhance the level of security for communication and the transmission of personal information:
- We always use industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving consumer data exchanged with our site
- We have taken reasonable steps to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of personally identifiable information that you may provide.
- We have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our site.
E-Commerce and Online Shopping
Purchasing items over the Internet usually requires you to provide your personal identifying information and credit card information on a Web site. Many people have become accustomed to on-line commerce as a time-saving and useful convenience. There are a number of practices that can make providing your sensitive credit card information more secure and therefore make you feel more comfortable about doing so.
Our site does not process your credit card information. Your credit card information and payment information is processed through authorize.net.
Links to Other Sites
This site includes links to non-affiliated external Web sites. We have the following practices:
From time to time, we may use customer information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future, we have the following practices:
- We will post the policy changes to our Web site to notify you of these changes and provide you with the ability to opt out of these new uses. If you are concerned about how your information is used, you should check back at our Web site periodically.
Web Site Contact Information
Restaurant PRO LLC
300 Delaware Ave Suite 1370
Wilmington, DE 19801
Contact: Matt Marino
Modification and Effective Date
This privacy statement was last modified on May 19, 2009.